The Thompson High School Band Boosters is designed to provide support for all aspects of the Thompson High School Band Program and the directors/staff. Boosters provide the framework and organization to enhance our student’s band experience and learning. Boosters organize and manage fundraisers, concessions, uniforms, transportation, snacks/meals, financials, forms, picnics/banquets, chaperone duties, and other functions as requested by directors. This allows the directors to focus on teaching our students to be the best musicians and people they can be. Boosters are organized into committees for each major task and depend solely on parents and other supporters volunteering their time and talents. Boosters work under the leadership of the directors. “If you are a band parent, you are a band booster.” Boosters meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (except Dec. and June) at 7pm in the THS Band Room or other location as needed if the band is rehearsing. Meetings generally last 1 hour and cover financial updates, discuss upcoming events, committee reports, directors’ reports and provide a place to make decisions on how the boosters will continue to support the band programs. All band and visual ensemble parents and guardians are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Band Booster Executive Committee 2022 – 2023
- President – Melanie Martin
- Vice-President – Amy Noe
- Secretary – Erika Zoebelein
- Treasurers – Jenny Green & Lynn Landry
- Fundraising – April Dortch
- Concessions – Scott Fisher & Janda Gonzalez
- Concessions Manager – Amy Noe
- Concessions Treasurers – Melina Thompson
- Pride Store – Merissa Cortright & Katie Tiller
- Transportation – Chris Howard
- Chaperones – Lisa Horne & Melanie Martin
- Uniforms – Gloria Brown
- Snack/Meals – Carol Williams & Rebecca Coulter
- Event Coordinator – TBD
- Auxiliary/Visual Ensemble – Jennifer Stokesbary
- Executive Committee:
- President – Runs booster meeting, oversees all booster activity, communicates as needed to boosters and communicates on behalf of boosters with Directors.
- Vice President – Assists the President as needed in overseeing booster activity, assumes President’s responsibilities if President is unable to attend meeting/event, assists all committees as needed.
- Secretary – Takes meetings minutes, handles all required student forms, updates student’s accounts in CHARMS, closes out CHARMS at year end with Treasurer, and assists Director with awards ballots.
- Treasurer – Handles all band financial activity, provides monthly reports at the booster meetings, makes deposits, updates student’s financial reports in CHARMS, insures money is available for concessions, assists closing out CHARMS.
- Directors – Give leaderships to band and band boosters.
- Fundraising Committee:
- Ensures there are ample opportunities for students to raise money that can go toward band fees, trips, etc. that pertains to band, coordinates all fundraisers communication with external companies, provides information to students, collets payments and distribution of products as needed. Coordinates with treasurer on financial updates of accounts.
- Concessions Committee Manager:
- Ensure concession stands are ready, inspected, stocked and setup for each game. Orders food as needed for games, band picnics, etc. Oversees concession operations at each game from setup through cleanup and ensures concession stands have enough volunteers for each event.
- Executive Committee:
Download the Band Parents’ Frequently Asked Questions Document